Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bobby Russell - Saturday Morning Confusion

Bobby Russell - Saturday morning Confusion United Artists Records UAS 5548 Released in 1971
For those who may not be familiar with Bobby Russell I will post a little information about him here: Bobby Russell 1941 - 1992.
Bobby was briefly married to Vicki Lawrence. If his music sounds familiar it's because he wrote several hits. Honey (Bobby Goldsboro) Little Green Apples (Roger Miller) The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia (Vicki Lawrence) and The Joker Went Wild (Brian Hyland) Just to name a few.


Side One
01 Saturday Morning Confusion

02 You Babe
03 Little Ol' Song About Love
04 It Hurts
05 Goodbye
06 The Song That I Can't Write
Side 2
01 When You Find Out Where You're Goin'
02 Little Boy Tears
03 Who Is She Now
04 Confidential
05 Then And Only Then

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great songwriter who tells a story with his lyrics. Shame he died so early.

Susan said...

I was beginning to think I was the only person who likes this album.

Yes, he was a great songwriter and died too early.

Aside from "Saturday Morning Confusion", really love "Honey" which he wrote for Bobby Goldsboro.

I recently found that he had released a Christmas album too that I am hoping to purchase on vinyl. I can't find a year he released it though. I've seen it on CD and vinyl.

Susan

Unknown said...

Hi Susan

Thanks for posting this great Bobby Russell album. Such an under-rated songwriter and performer!

Is there any chance you have his album, Words, Music, Laughter and Tears (from 1968). Would love to hear that one as well!

Thanks
Peter

Susan said...

Hi Peter,

Alas, the only album I have by Bobby Russell is "Saturday Morning Confusion"

I am hoping to get my hands on a Christmas album he did. "Children's Christmas Party" Halo Records #1001 It is available on CD, but I want the vinyl version for my collection.

If you go to Amazon.com you can find the CD there and listen to samples.

Susan

Unknown said...

Thanks very much anyway Susan. I must check out that Christmas record as well.

Peter

Susan said...

Hi Peter,

You're welcome. I have seen a few of the Christmas Albums on Vinyl on eBay and a few CD's there too.

Susan